File NAME.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see “get-help about_signing” for more details.
You will get this error when the default execution policy is enable, which is Restricted: Does not load configuration files or run scripts.
There are six different values that can be set with the "Set-ExecutionPolicy" command;
- Restricted: Does not load configuration files or run scripts. "Restricted" is the default execution policy.
- AllSigned: Requires that all scripts and configuration files be signed by a trusted publisher, including scripts that you write on the local computer.
- RemoteSigned: Requires that all scripts and configuration files downloaded from the Internet be signed by a trusted publisher.
- Unrestricted: Loads all configuration files and runs all scripts. If you run an unsigned script that was downloaded from the Internet, you are prompted for permission before it runs.
- Bypass: Nothing is blocked and there are no warnings or prompts.
- Undefined: Removes the currently assigned execution policy from the current scope. This parameter will not remove an execution policy that is set in a Group Policy scope.
Example of command: